Wednesday, August 3, 2016

NIMC General Multi-Purpose National I.D Card: All You Need to Know

The Registration and Collection of the Nation E-ID card is still going on, The National Identity ManagementCommission(NIMC) is the governmentorganization responsible for the issuing of National I.D card to Nigerian Citizens. The National E-ID card can serve as a General Multi-Purpose Card (GMPC). NIMC National I.D card can also be used as an ATM card and has the ability to perform various online transactions. The card also posses a Unique National Identification Number (NIN), these features therefore makes it very efficient and secure to use.

The Nigerian government has also made it possible for your National I.D card to serve as a VISA, however for now it will only be accepted in some countries.

How can I register for National I.D card.
Nigerians can register for their National Identity Number and I.D Card online by visiting NIMC’s website on http://www.nimc.gov.ng and clicking on “NIMC Pre-Enrolment Portal” and following the 4 easy steps. Alternatively you can go to www.ninenrol.gov.ng to be welcomed to the National Identification Number (NIN) pre- registration portal.

How can I Check my NIMC ID card Status?
If your registered for your NIMC National E-ID card and are yet to collect,  You can check if your card is ready for pick up with the steps below;

Step 1 visit NIMC website https://touch.nimc.gov.ng

Step 2: When the site opens scroll down and click Proceed. This will take you to a page were you'll then fill the details you provide during registration

Step3: When you are done filling your NIMC Card Status form, click 'Check Now' to view your card status. You'll then know if your Nation I.D card is ready. However in some cases National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) notifies people on their card status via SMS. This SMS will then be used for verification during collection.

How can I Use My National I.D Card to Withdraw Money on ATM Nationwide?
Your E-ID card can serve as an ATM card and can be used to withdraw cash for any ATM nationwide. The card which is a Master Card is solely operated by ACCESS Bank, so if you want to fund your National I.D card, first make sure it is activated, you can activate your National I.D card(Master Card) at any ACCESS Bank Branch or at NIMC centers, below are the steps to fund your Card;
1. Visit any Access Bank branch with your E- I.D card
2. Fill a deposit slip with the required information
3. Your card will be credited instantly with the value of cash paid

No comments: