Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Girl bullied for years proudly shows off her vitiligo in bikini


A woman hid her skin after being  bullied for a skin condition as revealed a new, confident self and says she's happy to prove her tormentors wrong.
Ashley Soto  from Florida was just 12 when she developed vitiligo.Now 21, she says her teen years were mostly spent indoors, avoiding people and wearing long sleeves - even in summer heat.It caused her to refuse to wear a bikini.
Now, she has damed the stares and showed off her body.

The brunette initially started her Instagram to blog about beauty tutorials - but four months ago, she bravely uploaded her first photo revealing her condition and she hasn't stopped since ..
She said:

 "Before my account was just about make-up and I would never show my body, just my face and selfies."I was too scared to show my body."I learnt how to cover my face. "I started slowly, I stopped wearing sweaters and I would go to the corner stop without long sleeve to see how I feel.
"It went little by little and I went to wearing tank tops which was something I would never do.
"And recently I went to theme park and I forced myself to wear a swim suit.
"It was so weird at first but I just don't want live to go back to what it was before.
"I realise that I may be different but I am unique and I should be proud of who I am.
"I have finally learnt to love myself."


No comments: